Thursday, November 24, 2016

WWW Wednesday - On Thursday (8)


WHAT ARE YOU CURRENTLY READING?

~ I am about 100 page into The Comet Seekers by Helen Sedgwick. This was a book I heard about back when everyone was sharing their BEA loot, but then never actually heard that much about after the fact. It sounded like something that I would like, though, so I pre-ordered it. I am very happy with this decision so far! I have some other essay collections and short story collections started, but I don't download them to my device and no internet for three days put me behind in electronic things.

WHAT ARE YOU CURRENTLY LISTENING TO?

~ I grabbed a copy of The Book of the Unnamed Midwife off of Audible because an editor on there mentioned it and I was indecisive on what to listen to next. I honestly have not heard of it before, but it is a different take on very common themes in books at the moment and I am liking it so far. My reading is usually so planned out nowadays, so it was nice to just listen to something that was not planned at all. I am also in the midst of Everything, Everything, but that is another electronic thing that I am behind in at the moment.

WHAT DID YOU RECENTLY FINISH READING?

~ I actually have been doing really well on the reading since my last post. I settled in and finished The Girl from Everywhere. It took me a bit of time to get into it, but I think that was just my mood. In the end I really enjoyed it and can't wait for the sequel. Then, I spent an evening finally finishing Feedback by Mira Grant. It was not as good as the previous books I listened to, but still enjoyable. I really just blame a cold for why I was so slow with it. I then finished Behind the Throne by K.B. Wagers and really enjoyed it! It only came out in August and the sequel will be here in December. I am excited! Last weekend, I settled in with The Marvels because I bought it at the end of last year and it was still sitting here unread. I have loved Brian Selznick for years and this was no different. I followed my audio listening up with The Magician's Elephant, which was an Audible deal last week. I didn't love it, but still a good author. And then, lastly, I finished The Evil Wizard Smallbone this morning. I really enjoy Delia Sherman, and this was no exception.

WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU WILL READ NEXT?

~ The question I always have the hardest time with. It is also Thanksgiving Weekend, which in Canada just means sales. I all ready did my annual audio shopping this morning. I am hoping for some good e-book sales over the weekend as well. So, we will see where reading takes me as we finish out 2016!

To see more WWW Wednesday posts, head over here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

I am so sorry, but I turned anonymous commenting off. I have had it from the very beginning, but that is how the spam is getting by my spam filter at the moment. If it is a big deal I will turn it back on and moderate all comments. I also changed moderation from older than 14 days to older than 7.