Thursday, October 27, 2016

WWW Wednesday - On Thursday (4)

I thought I might take a blogging break because I am still pretty upset about Casey's vanishing act, but instead I am trying to pretend things are okay and do normal things. It's not working well, but I try.

WHAT ARE YOU CURRENTLY READING?
~ I am technically still reading The Round House and Gemina. The same two books I was reading last week. I thought Gemina would be a fast read, but I am not finding time to read it. I also still have not finished The Geek Feminist Revolution. This is kind of getting depressing. It does not usually take me so long to read novels, but I just cannot seem to find time.

WHAT ARE YOU CURRENTLY LISTENING TO?
~ Thanks to a very good Audible sale, I am listening to Falling Free by Lois Bujold McMaster. I didn't have much luck reading this series, but couldn't resist the chance to listen to them! It is against my rule to buy books I all ready own, but I got them all second hand with credit at the second hand store, so it is not really like I bought them twice. This first one is a reread. I am also still listening to What I Saw & How I Lied. It is possible I will finish it before this post actually goes live, but who knows.

WHAT DID YOU RECENTLY FINISH READING?
~ I finished Black Rabbit Hall finally. It was a really good book, but I just cannot seem to work audio time in lately. It was creepy and atmospheric, so it was the perfect read for this time of the year. I really enjoyed the audio performance as well! Then, I read some shorter stuff. I read A Wild Swan by Michael Cunningham. That is a collection of rewritten fairy tales for adult that includes great art! It was really good! And, then, I finally returned to Bookburners and managed to read Season 1, Episode 6 and 7. I think sometimes you just have to read shorter stuff to feel accomplished!

WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU WILL READ NEXT?
~ Who knows when 'next' will even be with this reading speed... If I open the door and Casey is waiting to come in, I think I will feel a lot better and start reading again. But, the longer I open the door to no cat... The more stressed out I am every day. So, no plans at the moment other than what I have on the go all ready.

WWW Wednesday is hosted at Taking on a World of Words.

5 comments:

  1. It's hard to read when you're under so much stress. You need to pick up something light and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can understand who upset you are. I agree with Kathy -- something light is called for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Completely valid reason to not want to read. I'm sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes reading can provide escape from real life--but not always.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

I am so sorry, but I turned anonymous commenting off. I have had it from the very beginning, but that is how the spam is getting by my spam filter at the moment. If it is a big deal I will turn it back on and moderate all comments. I also changed moderation from older than 14 days to older than 7.