Friday, October 07, 2016

Bookish (And Not so Bookish) Thoughts


1. | I was so excited with myself this year. I started using Canva and actually making buttons for my blog. Now, everything I used to use on there seems to cost money. It has taken the fun out of the button making because I spend forever trying to find something free. I use my own pictures, I just like the formatting is all ready done and I just change it to what I want to say...

2. | My birthday was an event this year. My maternal grandmother is still alive and she fell last week. So, she was in the hospital recuperating. She has a blood disorder, though, and some other things popped up on my birthday. So, it was a memorable birthday for a not so great reason. She seems to be on the mend again now, so we will see how it plays out.

3. | My grandmother always gives me money for books for my birthday. She was the first person to give me a book gift card ever because the rest of my family didn't seem to understand that books for gifts were fun for me. I had spent her gift this year before my birthday even happened and the books arrived on Wednesday. I am excited to read them all.


4. | I bought more books recently than I should have. I am not finding enough time to read, so everything is going very slowly! And then I have all these books calling to me. It is a struggle! I would like to read a lot of books before the year ends, but unless something really changes that is not looking too promising!

5. | I resurrected the cleaning schedule this week because my house was starting to get overwhelming again. I felt way better just after the first day when I tackled the living room and kitchen. It's just that things do not stay clean. I get really frustrated. I have an issue with Finn (the orange cat) where he throws litter everywhere. So, I clean it up and everything is clean and then come back out a bit later and it is everywhere again. I wish he would stop. He will for a long time and then start up again. It has just been really bad the last couple weeks.

6. | I am wondering when posting on Litsy and Instagram is going to get overwhelming. I have been doing a photo challenge list on Litsy, posting my finished reads, and joining in on theme days. Then, on Instagram I sometimes use the same pictures for other reasons, but typically have to take new pictures for the scavenger hunts I do and the fact that since it is getting back to the colder part of the year, I started doing photo a day again. It's fun, but time consuming!

7. | I am excited about the up-coming three day weekend. I have no idea what the plans will be, but it is a three day weekend. I am hoping to get some reading done because this week has been slow for it... I do know there will be Thanksgiving dinner and I agreed to make pie. Normally for these family events I volunteer myself for things that are all ready made, but I decided to branch out this year. And, if it fails the stores sell all ready made pie!

5 comments:

  1. Glad to hear your Grandmother is doing better! Mine is definitely my partner in crime when it comes to books as well. The cleaning is frustrating because it doesn't stay. Plus it's so time consuming to do and then is so easy to mess back up. The only reason I don't completely loath it is because of audio books! Happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa! Sounds like things are going crazy! Sorry about your grandma. Cats and kitty litter everywhere is something I know all about! I'm sorry. It's so annoying. Good things kitties are cute or I wouldn't put up with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A birthday to remember, even if not for all of the right reasons. Hope your grandmother continues to improve, Kelly. Kitty litter--one of the best gifts I've ever received was a Roomba. It gets the litter and a great deal of the cat fur from the carpet, runs daily, and has made my life easier. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too hope your grandmother continues to get better!
    And I ended up not able to keep up with Litsy. I love the idea of it but just don't seem to have time for it. Oh well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No wonder you had an upsetting birthday! I hope she is on the mend!

    I think I'm about done with Litsy. I just do not need another thing to follow.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

I am so sorry, but I turned anonymous commenting off. I have had it from the very beginning, but that is how the spam is getting by my spam filter at the moment. If it is a big deal I will turn it back on and moderate all comments. I also changed moderation from older than 14 days to older than 7.