Sunday, August 14, 2016

Week in Review - Week 33


Random Thoughts

Well, reading is not getting any better. I read Fifteen Dogs. That book is under 200 pages and it took me like a week. I guess the summer and me will never be reading friends. I try, though... And, if nothing else I have managed to blog once a week at least all year so far. So, there is that accomplishment, right? I am not just neglecting my reading. I am slacking on the treadmill, audiobooks, my bullet journal, planners in general, photo a day challenges... I honestly don't know where my days go since everything I normally do is what is getting neglected!

I have been thinking about reading in general and I have finally found my e-book obsession: 2016 releases on one-day sales. As a result I own more 2016 releases than I have since review copies were popular (for me). I am reading Homecoming right now because it was a daily deal last weekend and I had heard a lot of good things about it. It is not my typical read, but when it was under 5 dollars it was more justifiable to splurge. I don't think I read more than like 5 books published in 2015 in 2015, so it is curious how my reading has changed this year... Audiobooks are helping, too. I grabbed Eowyn Ivey's new book with a credit because I read her previous book on audio and figured I would keep up the trend. I don't use credits until I am ready for a new book. This means that I have been giving into buzz on blogs more than buying books off my wish list.

Graphic Novel Year

Bombshells - Volume 2: Allies

Currently Reading


Audiobook


Weekly Reading

Bombshells - Volume 2 ~ I took a chance on this series when I heard about it and I am so happy that I did! The Women of DC in a re-imagined WWII. It is right up my alley to be honest. Do I probably miss things because I am not up on all these characters? Definitely. Does it take away from the reading? Not at all. This story brought all the different storylines together. I enjoy that they all have back-stories and then there is the main storyline. I am really looking forward to Volume 3 out in 2017! Recommended!

Fifteen Dogs ~ After all the buzz about this book I grabbed a copy when I saw it at the second hand store. Then another blogger mentioned how much she liked it, so I decided to make it my next read. I love dogs. I love creative God stories. I just didn't love this as much as I expected to. And, I am pretty sure it is my overall mood and not the book itself. Because, I did enjoy the idea behind it and the characters. (Dogs!) I guess I just expected to love it more than I did. I do still recommend it and might reread it when my overall mood is better. Recommended!
Age of Myth ~ (audio) ~ I think my overall mood affected my read of this book, too. It took me forever to get through it. And, I think again I would have loved it more if I read it at a different time. I am so annoyed with myself because I am reading these great books and just not getting invested like I would like to. I still loved this and wish I had read Sullivan long before this, but I probably will have to reread it before the next book comes out because I was so distracted. It is still a great epic fantasy and an awesome audio. Recommended!

New Additions

Nothing this week...

Weekly Posts

Week in Review - Week 32

Weekly Pictures














14 comments:

  1. I'm confused. Up top, you say you only read one book, but then below a couple of others, you said you did read? It looks like you're doing fine on the reading, and better than most of us. I've been averaging a book a week if I'm lucky. As for photos, you might not be doing a photo a day challenges, but you're certainly still putting up a lot of photos on Instagram from what I can see...and many good ones too. And yay for blogging once a week. That is something. I don't know if I've blogged every week this year, but at least most weeks, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A book a week is good for me, and so you are doing good as far as I'm concerned. :-) I am hoping to read Homecoming soon. It was a recent Lit Box selection and has been tempting me from its spot on my shelf. I hope you are enjoying it!

    Have a great week, Kelly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just now finished Ivey's book. I'm looking forward to hearing what you thought!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Puppies! So cute.

    If you're not getting through your usual activities, perhaps you need a rest? Burnout can really sneak up on a person.

    I find summer to be an excellent time for my own reading, but I think that's because it coincides with Christmas here. I'm a bit slow at the moment, partially because I'm bogged down in an anthology of horror stories I'm not especially interested in reading.

    I hope this week goes well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm kind of the same way right now - just blah about everything. I'm blaming the heat. Don't stress over reading - there's no contest to see who reads the most.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Reading should always be a pleasure. The idea is to enjoy yourself. Love the cover on Ivey's book!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, one-day sales are SO perilous. I rarely, rarely buy ebooks, but even I am swayed by these one-day sales. I keep whispering to myself "but then you'd just have it. Two dollars and you'd have it forever." DANGER WILL ROBINSON.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been slacking on writing reviews and exercise. Oh, when will exercise ever feel less like a chore and more fun?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I love your nature pictures! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been working up the nerve to read Fifteen Dogs since it was published. But, I think I'm coming up to that point. *sigh*

    Bombshells sounds fantastic: thanks for recommending it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love sunflowers - such happy flowers! :)
    I can't wait to hear what you think of Homegoing. I've had my eye on that one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are reading if not much - remember that's better than nothing (for the positive result of helping you feel reader-productive :) ) Otherwise, just let it happen, best not to force it and you'll likely feel refreshed when you're back to it :)

    Love the photos, especially the one from a couple of years ago. Great composition.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't seek out KNOWING what the daily deals are or I would spend way too much money but then I also get a bit upset when I realize I missed a good one. lol. I would love to read Homegoing. Maybe I'll try that on audio. I don't have my next audio in mind yet so I actually feel lost!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

I am so sorry, but I turned anonymous commenting off. I have had it from the very beginning, but that is how the spam is getting by my spam filter at the moment. If it is a big deal I will turn it back on and moderate all comments. I also changed moderation from older than 14 days to older than 7.