Saturday, June 18, 2016

30 Days of Books ~ Day 22


Day 22 ~ Favourite Book You Own


I was never super close to my maternal grandfather. My grandparents were divorced and he lived away my entire life. There were visits and phone calls here and there, but he had remarried and had a life with his new wife and the child they had together. So, I was very surprised when he gave me an old volume of Longfellow's poems a few years before he died. I didn't have it handy to take a picture, sadly, so this is definitely not the right edition... But, of all the books I have received over the years, it is the one that I consider the most special. (Even though I am not really a huge poetry reader...)

3 comments:

  1. Oh Kelly, that is so cool. I can see why you'd treasure it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see why it's your favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww. I'm so glad that you have that to remember your grandfather by. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

I am so sorry, but I turned anonymous commenting off. I have had it from the very beginning, but that is how the spam is getting by my spam filter at the moment. If it is a big deal I will turn it back on and moderate all comments. I also changed moderation from older than 14 days to older than 7.