Friday, March 20, 2015

Once Upon a Time IX - Pool of Possibilities

It is a bit of a tradition to post a pool of books I am thinking about reading for the Once Upon a Time Challenge hosted at Stainless Steel Droppings... With the way my reading is going recently, I am not sure if I will follow it, but list making is fun!

1. The Very Best of Kate Elliott
2. First Frost by Sarah Addison Allen
3. Shadow Scale by Rachel Hartman
4. Dead Heat by Patricia Briggs
5. Black Thorn, White Rose Edited by Ellen Datlow & Terri Windling
6. The Devil's Diadem by Sara Douglass
7. Instead of Three Wishes by Megan Whalen Turner
8. Fire & Hemlock by Diana Wynne Jones
9. Black Swan, White Raven Edited by Ellen Datlow & Terri Windling
10. Ruby Slippers, Golden Tears Edited by Ellen Datlow & Terri Windling
11. Silver Birch, Blood Moon Edited by Ellen Datlow & Terri Windling
12. Black Ivory, Ivory Bones Edited by Ellen Datlow & Terri Windling
13. Poison Study by Maria Snyder
14. The Little Country by Charles de Lint
15. The Broken Lands by Kate Milford
16. Princess Academy: Palace of Stone by Shannon Hale

... And probably a whole score of books not on this list...

7 comments:

  1. Fire & Hemlock has been on my list ever since I read DWJ's Reflections. I also need to get my hands on those Ellen Datlow anthologies. I have several anthologies she's edited and love her short story choices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hoping to read the Kate Elliott one as well, not sure what else, some Terry Pratchett for sure, but apart from that I think I'll see what catches my fancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still need to read Breadcrumbs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful list for this challenge, Kelly! I'm looking forward to reading your posts! This is my favorite challenge...it always inspires me to read more and I love seeing what everyone chooses for it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay, so glad you are in on this one. I'm planning to join too and will have to look through my shelves for some possibilities. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. List-making is very fun! I recently finished Shadow Scale and loved it. Datlow & Windling anthologies are always good too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I liked Princess Academy. Sounds like a fun list!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

I am so sorry, but I turned anonymous commenting off. I have had it from the very beginning, but that is how the spam is getting by my spam filter at the moment. If it is a big deal I will turn it back on and moderate all comments. I also changed moderation from older than 14 days to older than 7.