It hasn't been easy, though. I pick up and abandon books before finding one that works... Now we are on Saturday and I am reading The Goblin Emperor by Katherine Addison and The Enchanted by Rene Denfeld. It would be awesome to finish both of them!
Things I Have Been Thinking About While Reading:
- I started off the year reading older books, but mixed in I have read way more 2014 books than I would expect. It is nice to feel like you are keeping up!
- One of the books I put aside for now was The Girl Who Came Home by Hazel Gaynor. I thought this was a new book, but it isn't. The reason the opening felt so familiar is because I have a Kindle edition of this book and started it in 2012. I guess I made it to chapter 11 and then something distracted me. I was starting to feel like I was going crazy! Now that I have that sorted I am going to go back and finish the book!
- I never noticed before how bad of an influence Michelle from That's What She Read was. I have known her for a few years, but it took me until this year to discover she reads a lot of the same stuff as me... This means that she has greatly influenced my TBR this year. (Not that it is a bad thing!)
- I have been using my e-reader more than ever before so far this year... Only one book I read this month was not on my e-reader, actually. This is not helping my physical TBR... (Although, I do own a hardcover copy of Lost Lake, so even though I read it on my e-reader, it still counts as reading a book on my physical TBR.)
- I wish e-readers had better batteries. The only way this read-a-thon has worked is by putting my reader on airplane mode and it still died while I was reading The Goblin Emperor last night. That is why I switched to my tablet and wound up reading The Enchanted. My e-books could sync with each other, but that would mean using the internet...
- I seem to be having a fantasy-heavy year. If nothing is working for me, usually switching to a fantasy novel works.
- It is really fun to just flip around in your e-reader and read whatever works for you. Even if I do not have specific reading plans, there is usually a book I have in mind to read next. This weekend I am just reading whatever.
I look forward to seeing where my reading takes me next! And, this has been my rambles for Saturday...