Tuesday, January 07, 2014
Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Goals/Resolutions For 2014
1. Read Lucy Maud Montgomery. I picked an author I own a lot of books from as my goal for 2014. I am almost done my first short story collection by her, but I feel compelled to keep mentioning her to keep my motivation up.
2. Make a dent in other authors I have lots of books by... The ones in my head are J.D. Robb, Terry Pratchett, and Lois McMaster Bujold. I have other authors that would work, but I don't want to overwhelm myself.
3. Finish Series. There are several trilogies/series that I just have one or two more books to read to either finish or catch-up. So, I should.
4. Making reading a priority again. In 2013 I almost felt guilty every time I would make time to read. I started off 2014 not doing that, but I am doing it again...
5. Keep up with things. I was such a stranger in 2013 it was December before I found out about events, books, etc. I always like to stay current and not feel like I am neglecting people, so I need to do better. Also, it is awesome that I am commenting lately and it would be nice if I could continue.
6. Remember What a Blog is. I hardly blogged in 2013... And that started in 2012. I just could not get it together until the end of November! I need to remember to post even once in a while when life gets busy.
7. Actually Read and Use my Photography Books. Another thing that I got very far behind with in 2013. I was obsessed with playing with my camera the first part of the year and then... fizzled. And this is more than photo a day. This is use my actual camera, my pretty news lens, and TAKE PICTURES.
8. Catch-up on Graphic Novels. I read less than 10 graphic novels in 2013. I am behind in series like Saga, The Unwritten, Fairest, and Y: The Last Man. I used to at least keep up with my graphic novels, so I want to be caught up in 2015.
9. Listen to audiobooks. For me, 2013 was the year of the audiobook, but I still would slack once in a while. I have to keep it up in 2014.
10. Remember Reading Challenges. Another thing that becomes out-of-sight/out-of-mind for me. That is why I returned to my old Week in Review posts because that forces me to look and see if I have accomplished anything.