Saturday, April 28, 2012

Pinterest and Snapshot Saturday - April 27, 2012

I mentioned on Thursday that I was joining Trish's Pinterest challenge. In an attempt to keep myself on track, I am going to combine her challenge and Snapshot Saturday for the Saturday's in May. I know it is not May yet, but I started Trish's challenge early... So, I am just starting early.

In my sign-up post I mentioned this project to make a calendar journal. Her version looks like this:
My version looks like this (although I still haven't found a box I like, so still a work-in-progress):
Not the best picture in the world, either, but you get the idea... I used 4x6 size index cards because I don't have one of those fancy paper cutter things. I think if you made a lot of them, though, it would save you money in the long run to buy one and use the bigger index cards. Index cards, at least in Canada, are overpriced. Then, I couldn't deal with the idea of cutting up my postcards, so I used little ones that were almost the same size as the index cards. I think when I decide on a box I might switch to bigger size ones to divide things up a bit better, but we will see what happens.

I used two index cards per day also. I am a bookish person, so I have one for day to day things and then I have one for bookish things. I have all ready started using them, so that is why I used the Steve Kluger books to hold my calendar up. For my first bookish day I wrote down that I received two Kluger books in the mail. My other version of the picture looks like this:
Yes, those are bubbles. I was at one of the Dollar type stores investigating their prices for index cards and I walked by a shelf of bubbles. I have to admit I was a bit intrigued by how Casey would react to them, so I brought some home. She loves them! I'll have to see if we can coordinate a picture of her actually playing with them. I never thought about it at the time. So, yes, for April 26, 2012, my entry says 'Introduced Casey to bubbles. Fun!'

I took more pictures...
Yep, I accidentally bought unlined index cards... I used them anyway, but I was sitting weird and this one is not quite straight...
I was excited... At least the coloured ones (and some of my white ones) have lines.
Slightly better writing... 
I was staring at book piles thinking I really need to put them somewhere else...
Okay, can you tell I am a bit excited about this project? I have been brain-storming other ways to have fun with this, so you will probably hear about it again...

All right, since I scheduled this and it didn't post, I might as well add the pictures of Casey and the bubbles. I don't know why I bother scheduling anything.
Please disregard our horrendous kitchen floor. 


Saturday Snapshot is hosted by Alyce at At Home with Books and the Pinterest Challenge is hosted by Trish at Love, Laughter, and a Touch of Insanity.

20 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS!!! I think you've even convinced me that I need to give this a try. It'll be fun when you hit a year and start seeing what you did the year before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that you're so excited about the calendar project that you started already. Mine's coming together slowly. I have cards, a temporary holder and new cool pens. I like the idea of a 2nd color of cards for bookish stuff but haven't found those yet. I really love this idea. I've attempted and failed so many journaling methods. The ease of this one and the future looking back on each day really appeals to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen this before but it looks interesting and I have lots of index cards I bought on sale a couple months ago (they're very expensive around here, too). Your cat is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun project! I'm getting closer to creating a pintrest board myself. I've been holding out but . . .

    Haha cats and bubbles! She looks a little perplexed ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So.. is the idea then, to write what you've done that day AFTER you've done it? So, it's not like a list of things to do, but a journal of what you did. Yes, I think I'm getting it now. And then every year, you go back and compare what you've done each year. Cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your project looks like it turned out really well!!! Its such a cool idea.

    Awww such a pretty kitty! I should introduce my parents cat to bubbles next time I'm home. Even though I think that cat still holds a grudge against me from when I accidentally traumatized it when I watched a video of someone's pet fox barking on youtube. Apparently, it thought there was a real fox in the house because it went tearing out of the room and hid under my mom's bed for hours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This calendar p;roject looks really interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a neat idea!!! Would be great for a new baby, human or otherwise, or just to keep track of your life!
    Here's My Photo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the pictures of Casey and the bubbles! Just doesn't quite know what to do with them, huh?

    Here's my Snapshot: http://myreadersblock.blogspot.com/2012/04/saturday-snapshot-april-28.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am soooo not a journal person ... my blogging comes as close to journaling as I get ... but I admire anyone who has the discipline to form a 'system' and stick to it!

    Now, bubbles I can get into! Did you know that there are bubbles that solidify after a few seconds and don't break when you touch them? How do they do that, I wonder?

    Bet kitty was enthralled!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha, I love the cat and the bubbles :) I've wanted to do a sentence-a-day journal for awhile, and this looks like a great way to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like a fun project! And I LOVE the bubble pictures! Especially the last one--it's amazing how clear that came out.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that so many of you are doing that Pinterest challenge!! The kitty loving the bubbles is so funny! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's a great idea! It's kind of like blogging but in real life with a physical product to look back on. I like that you are including small things that matter to you, like the bubbles.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am in awe of creative people.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like a great way to keep on track -- I'm not that disciplined.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooh, it looks so pretty!

    ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  18. The grey cat that has been visiting us lately looks a lot like Casey! A very vocal feline. When Edgar gets out, grey cat follows him everywhere, but he is not friendly with humans. Our cats gather at the window to watch him taunt them with his freedom.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This sounds like fun! I may have to give it a try myself, although I'm terrible with year-long projects. I did manage to post a picture a day on a photoblog a few years ago, though, so there is hope!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is such a great idea - especially for the young 'uns to see what they did from year to year.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

I am so sorry, but I turned anonymous commenting off. I have had it from the very beginning, but that is how the spam is getting by my spam filter at the moment. If it is a big deal I will turn it back on and moderate all comments. I also changed moderation from older than 14 days to older than 7.