Friday, March 09, 2012

Midnight in Paris

A family travel to the French capital for business. The party includes a young engaged couple who are forced to confront their differing views of a perfect life.
This was to be a buddy review with Suey from It's All About Books, but my day got away from me and I am just getting around to posting now. We watched the movie together and chatted on Twitter. It was fun! It was a really good movie, too.


What was your favorite scene from the movie?
There were many. Every time I recognized a 'real life' character I got a bit excited. The painters I had a hard time with, but the literary connections I usually made right away. Sometimes it would be just a matter of looking up the painters and that would connect with me, too. Otherwise, I just enjoyed the whole time he spent in the past. Paris is a wonderful place now, but the history is wonderful and I think this movie captured it very well.

How do you feel the famous literary/artistic characters were portrayed?
I loved their additions. For the ones that I knew they really seemed like my impressions of them. I thought that the actress that played Zelda Fitzgerald was wonderful! Ernest Hemingway was really good, too. The painters I don't have enough of an impression of to really make an opinion.

Did Gil make the right choice? (I guess this is quite a spoilery question!)
hm, well, I will be a bit un-spoilery I will just say YES!

11 comments:

  1. Yes, he DID make the right choice! :) This was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how out of touch I am! I never even heard of this movie until you mentioned it in your last post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should check it out. According to Suey it is a good educational experience. It lead to her talking about people like T.S. Eliot with one of her daughters.

      Delete
  3. This is in my Netflix list to watch....maybe on a rainy day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this movie and have already watched it a few times. My favourite character was definitely Hemingway - so intense, so broody...fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Hemingway was wonderful! I look forward to rewatching it soon!

      Delete
  5. I love this movie! I thought Kathy Bates was the perfect actress to play Gertrude Stein. Such fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I agree about Kathy Bates. She did a great job.

      Delete
  6. I really liked this one too! I thought both Zelda and Hemingway were good and like you, everytime a new character I recognized came on I got excited. I was explaining who they all were to my sister under my breath in the theater.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

I am so sorry, but I turned anonymous commenting off. I have had it from the very beginning, but that is how the spam is getting by my spam filter at the moment. If it is a big deal I will turn it back on and moderate all comments. I also changed moderation from older than 14 days to older than 7.